Friday, March 5, 2010

Why is Rachelle and Baby in the hospital?

For those that don't know what exactly is going on with me and the baby. We wanted to give you the story and then we will just give you updates every week. Over a month ago during one of our sonograms, we found out that most of my amniotic fluid had disappeared. I went to my doctor immediately that next day to check and see if I had a ruptured membrane. At that time, the answer was no so my doctor wanted me to take it easy and hydrate constantly. I did that for a few weeks and then my water broke on Valentine's Day and was rushed to the E.R. It was determined that in fact in the E.R. that my water did break which they also call a Ruptured Membrane. They admitted me immediately and started me on antibiotics for 7-10 days to try and prevent infection to me and the baby. We will be in the hosptial until I deliver and I am on complete bed rest. It is Day 19 and so far everything is going perfect! I haven't gone into labor which is a miracle in itself and this sweet little baby is doing so good. We have had a couple of sonograms since I have been here and the baby is growing exactly where it needs to be at this justation and the blood flow is normal. About a centimeter of amniotic fluid has come back which was good news to us because that means that I am not losing anymore. The goal right now is to make it to 30 weeks but we would really like to make it to 34 weeks. I will deliver at 34 weeks no matter what because at that point the baby is safer outside the womb rather than inside.

I will be 23 weeks on Saturday, March 6 and we are so thrilled because the baby will be viable from this point forward. At 24 weeks, my doctor will start giving me steroid shots for the baby's lungs and we are looking forward to that day. Everyday is a milestone and we are so thankful. It has been such an emotional roller coaster for us but we feel all of the prayers and support of all of our family and friends plus God has given us such a special peace and understanding. It is totally in His Hands and we know He is working on our behalf. We are so lucky to have been given the gift of this sweet baby and that it is such a fighter.

Everyday that me and the baby get through without any contractions is a miracle. The baby is moving all around and let's mommy and daddy know that it's there. It is so refreshing to feel my baby moving, punching and kicking. Mommy and Daddy talk to it everyday and say a special prayer every night. It is so sweet because we both lay our hands on my belly and when Daddy prays, it moves all around. Mommy also sings to baby a lot and will start reading to the baby soon.

We hope this gives everyone a little background on what's going on with our little family right now. Again, we appreciate the prayers and support of our family and friends and so many others! We are so blessed!

8 comments:

  1. Hey girl,
    I just read your blog and my heart and prayers go out to you and your new little blessing. I will be praying for you and that little miracle. God is in control and has a special plan for that precious baby. Take care.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.....as I sit at my computer I am crying for you and the family. I know this must be really hard. Sometimes the weight of my own daughter's six year battle with health problems seems so great to carry. But, during my heaviest days....God carries me. He has shown me great and mighty things....He has taught me a new understanding of trust. Being a Pastor's wife, it is hard praying for others healing when my own daughter needs it. Ahhh but God still heals...I still pray and I still believe. He has given us so much and now He is giving us our miracle baby Channing. I pray for my daughter and unborn child every day....so rest assure that I will be praying for you and the baby. Father, in Jesus' name, I confess Your Word this day over this pregnancy and the birth of this child. I ask You to quickly perform Your Word, trusting that it will not go out from You and return to You void...but rather that it will accomplish that which pleases You. Your Word is quick and powerful and discerns our heart's intentions and the thoughts of our mind. You have put your angels at watch over Rochelle and the baby. We cast all the care and burden of this pregnancy over on You, Lord. Thank you for Your protection, hearing and answering our prayers. With my love, Debbie Sewell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachelle - I have wondered what was going on! Thank you so much for sharing your story. I will be praying for your precious baby. You know this is what happened to Taryn when she was carrying the twins. One of the babies membranes ruptured and she was careflighted to Harris Methodist in Ft. Worth where she stayed until the day they had to take the babies. God is watching over you and will take care of you. Be patient!!! The twins were born at 29 weeks and perfectly healthy and during their stay in the hospital we saw lots and lots of babies that were born earlier than them that were healthy also! I was amazed daily (with tears in my eyes) at those tiny little miracles all over all those rooms in the NICU. I will be following your story and look forward to hearing from you! God bless you and your husband....I love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweetie, I love you so much. I am so proud of you. I can't wait to hold this precious baby! I can't wait to see you in a week. God is in total control of this situation. He is going to do a total miracle. I love you so much, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh friend!

    i am sorry that this is part of your mommy journey....it's funny how they run our lives and capture our hearts before they ever arrive. i will absolutely be praying for you and that little peanut. i know how scary it can be to have an early baby, but i also know the joy of seeing God work miracles in their little lives and how it feels to be so blessed by His goodness.

    this time you have to reflect and think and pray and anticipate the new love of your life is precious and can be a gift if you will pick to see it that way. take care of you and know that He loves you and that baby more than you can ever know!

    can't wait to hear all the good news and precious stories!

    ~tomi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachelle -
    I'm so sorry you are having to go through this! You will be in my prayers. Believing for a miracle!!!
    Love you - Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachelle,
    I am so glad you did this blog! You know I love you and I am praying for you and this baby EVERYDAY!!! I can't wait to be there with you in a couple of weeks! I am so amazed by God's miracles and you know he is with you and this baby right now because it is a miracle in itself that you have not gone into labor yet! May God continue to be with the 2 of you! I love you!!!! Hugs & Kisses!!! Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for all of your encouraging words! It means the world to us!

    ReplyDelete