Monday, March 8, 2010

23 Weeks!!

I turned 23 weeks 2 days ago and we are so happy and thankful to have reached this milestone without any problems. Now the baby is viable from this point forward which puts us both a little more at ease but we still have a ways to go. We have a consult with one of the Neonatologist's sometime this week to discuss what's going on with the baby at this point and to answer any questions that we may have at this point. The ultimate goal is for me to make it until 34 weeks but we set a small goal of 30 weeks. I have a dry erase board in my room which Matt subtracts the days that I have to get to 30 weeks everyday. Right now I have 47 more days to go! We are hoping to go above and beyond. I have a sonogram sometime this week to see how the baby is doing and to measure my fluid. We really pray the fluid has increased! We are also keeping our fingers crossed that our little child will have legs uncrossed so we can see what it is :)

I do have a new contraption on my legs now. I have to wear compression boots 24/7 until I deliver which helps with circulation in my legs so I won't develop blood clots due to the bed rest. I am thankful that they are keeping on top of all of this but I will say it's taken a little bit to get used to. I can unplug them when I need to get out bed. They look like braces on my legs! It looks like that I have two broken legs...lol! Oh well, it's all for the greater cause!

I am very excited this week because my Mom a/k/a Grandmom is coming into town on Thursday for over a week!! It's always wonderful to have my wonderful Mom here with me in my room all of that time! We laugh a lot of course and just have a lot of mother/daughter time which I need right now! It also gives Matt a little bit of a break too since he is juggling about a thousand balls in the air right now.

Thanks for everyone's continued prayers and support, we really appreciate it! We feel all of the prayers that are coming our way daily and it's so encouraging! Love to all!

8 comments:

  1. Rachelle, so glad to hear you are getting through all of this. Thinking and praying for you, the baby and your family.
    Love,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary! It's been pretty scary but God is in control!! We appreciate all of the prayers so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im Glad Things are going good!! Stay Positive you guys will make it through.. i know its hard being stuck there but its for the better!! Good Luck with Everything and the three of you are in our prayers here :)
    Mary Beth Hassel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey sweet friend! I just want you to know we have been praying for you, Matt, and this precious baby. Your Alter family has you on the prayer chain....we prayed last night in the middle of Starbucks at our Bible Study! :0)I am going to give some of the ladies your blog address. Some of them do not know you but they ask for updates...girl they are praying! So if you get to feeling down just remember that people you don't even know are lifting you up! :0) We love you!! XOXO Angela Eaton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mary Beth! We appreciate it so much!

    Angela, thanks so much! You made me cry! We appreciate all of the prayers and support so much! We feel the prayers, believe me! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachelle I know how much you love when your Mom is there with you. Taryn and I had lots of good times while she was in this situation. Be patient and God's going to take care of the whole situation! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Rachelle! I am so glad you are doing this blog. Thank you! Diana and I have been so worried about y'all! It really sounds like you are in good spirits. I have been praying for your family. I know that you believe that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. It is such a comfort to know that nothing happens in our lives..even the hard things..without first going through the filter of God's love for us. He loves you and I know you love Him. I can't imagine how you feel right now...I just know that you are going to be one of the best mommies in the entire world! I know you and your mom are going to have a great time with each other while she is there. i can only imagine how hard y'all will laugh about silly stuff. It makes me think of us getting so tickled at night and popeye (aka your mom) coming in about to whip our tails if we didn't quiet down! The nurses may have to do that to y'all! I love you Rachelle! I will keep praying for the 3 of yall! Michelle Elsey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michelle,

    Thanks so much for your comment! It has been a tough road but God has given us such a peace! When I have an emotional day, I just have to rely on Him to get me through it. We feel all of the prayers so much! Mom will be here in a couple of hours and I'm so excited! You know we will laugh about everything!! I love you too!

    ReplyDelete